Monday morning, 9:50a.m.
Carter: *Pops up from chair and walks over to me.* Can I go now?
Me: Go where?
Carter: To the North Pole!
Me: Really? The North Pole? Are you Santa?
Carter: No!
Me: Are you an Elf?
Carter: No!
Me: Are you a reindeer?
Carter: No, I Carter!!!!
Me: Then why are you going to the North Pole?
Carter: So I can get presents for Santa Claus?
Me: Really? Will you bring a present for me?
Carter: Yes!
Me: What kind of present will you bring me?
Carter: Ummmm....*thinks* A COFFEE MAKER!
Me: Wow! I love coffee makers! What else?
Carter: Um....*hang on...goes back to chair and back to watching TV*
Dude left me hangin'!
Carter: *Just as spontaneously comes back and continues with* Ummm.....a game for you!
Me: Really? What kind of game?
Carter: Shooting game!
Me: What am I going to do with a shooting game?
Carter: You'll press A when you play, Mommy. We'll play Wii. You'll be You and I'll be Me. Well, not you. Daddy, and Morgan and Carter and Daddy.
Me: Really?
Carter: Yep. You're not Morgan, you're Mommy.
This has been Deep Thoughts...by Carter Matthew Day.
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...

No comments:
Post a Comment