Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Regional Meetings 2010 (Great Wolf Lodge)

Once again it was time for Edward Jones Regional Meetings!  We love these meetings and we are so blessed that Chris works at a company that values family as much as productivity!

I put all the pictures on the blog at once and now I can't space in between to write comments...so I guess I'll just narrate now. (Just like watching an old fashioned slide show!)

We were a little unsure what to expect with our meetings this year.  Our region was re-drawn last year and almost all of our good friends were taken out of our region!!!!  We were so bummed but also optimistic to meet some new people.....however, I'm just not good with change.  I enjoy my comfort zone and like to live squarely inside the box.  I'm happy to say that we still had a great time and at the banquet Saturday night, I probably laughed harder than I have ever laughed at one of those dinners. It was a great group!!!!

Onto the pictures.....

Day One:  The kids did so well waiting for several hours until we could go to the waterpark.  We had warned them that we had lots of things we had to do before we could go.  We arrived at Great Wolf Lodge around 1pm and the first meetings began at 1:45.  We took the kids to the child care room and headed off to the advisor/spouse meetings and then to dinner (which was an outdoor barbeque! Very cool!)  After dinner, we headed to the water park for the first time.  The kids were ELATED!  We got there around 7:30pm and stayed until the park closed at 10pm!  Sleeping the first night went amazingly well.  I couldn't sleep but it was through no fault of the kids! 

Day Two:  Chris had to get up early and go to his business meetings (which we tolerate because the meetings are why we all get to go!!  The kids and I slept til almost 8 and then got cleaned up to go down for the breakfast buffet where my children ate more food than they sometimes eat in an entire week.  Afterwards, we went downstairs and played in the arcade for a while and then went to the outdoor pool when it opened to wait for Chris to get done with meetings.  When he got done, he joined us and we had lunch by the pool (what a rough life) and then he stayed in the waterpark with the girls while I brought Carter upstairs for a nap.   Amazingly, it worked and he really slept.  He slept so long that after an hour and 40 minutes, I decided that I'd had enough and woke him up! We went back down to the water park and Chris went for a 3 mile run.  We stayed at the outdoor pool almost the whole time.  The kids played so well together.  Around 5pm, we decided to head up to the room to get ready for the kids' pizza party and the grown ups' awards banquet.  A great time was had by all!

Day Three:  Everyone slept until 8am again and we headed down for the breakfast buffet!  Yum!  After breakfast, we got all checked out (including having the $14.99 movie that Carter ordered for us taken off our bill) and headed back down to the water park!  Some friends of ours were coming around 1pm and we were going to try to make it until then to get to play with them for a while.  Somewhere around 11:30 Chris decided he was not going to make it.  We changed clothes and got packed up, stopping on the way home for some Skyline Chili.

As always, Regional Meetings were tons of fun!!!  They seem to get more fun the older the kids get, too!

No comments: