Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

An Ode To My Husband

I was tired and irritable and a little bit cranky
I didn't even want to cook dinner
You came home with some carry-out food
And proved to me you're a winner!

It is cold and wet and rainy outside
and getting warm was my only desire
I started complaining that I was so cold
So you got up and started a fire!

The dinner was great and we all got full
but I wanted to eat something sweet
To quench that desire you went out to the kitchen
and fixed us some cookies as treats!

I'm not good at poetry but I wanted to tell you
that I appreciate all that you do
You work all day long at a very hard job
then make sunny my day that was blue

I hope that for you I can do half as well
in not making our life seem a chore
I want you to know that above all else in this world
I'm the one who loves you MORE!

2 comments:

Chris Day said...

An interesting poem
I can't deny
Not the best
But you gave it a try.

Life with you
Is never a bore
Nice try with the poem,
But I love YOU more!

Tia said...

Very very sweet!