Blogs I read

Meijer Meal Box

Followers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Lots of stuff

I was going to start this post off with the fact that I hate being sick, but instead decided I should go in chronological order to explain how I got sick.

Emma and Morgan started school.  Emma is in Kindergarten and LOVES her teacher.  Morgan is in THIRD GRADE! and loves her teacher too. 

Here they are on the 1st day of school

Sooooo old!!!

Anyway, with the beginning of school comes beginning of school viruses.  On the 5th day of school, Morgan's teacher called and said Morgan felt like she was going to throw up...but she didn't have a fever or anything.  She let me talk to her and we decided she'd stay through lunch and if she didn't feel any better, she could come home then.  Well, she made it through lunch and felt a little better...so she went to recess and threw up. Bummer! Anyway, I went and picked her up.  Fast forward to Wednesday night.  I was so grumpy and irritable and nothing sounded good.  Chris said he knew something was wrong when I called him and asked him if he'd stop and get me a hot fudge sundae at McDonald's and he said "what did you have for dinner?" and I said "powdered donuts...nothing sounded good" HA!  Anyway, at 2am on Thursday, I started throwing up.  I ended up throwing up 14 times in 7 hours.  At 5:30am, Chris called the on-call doctor and went to Walgreens to get me a Phenergan prescription.  Didn't help.  At 8:30am, Chris texted our doctor (who is also a good friend)  He called right back and said to bring me in for an injection.  I still threw up 3 more times, but at least it knocked me out.  I slept literally all day long.  Then Saturday, it was Chris' turn.  He only threw up once like Morgan and Carter, but he felt lousy all day.  Then, Saturday night, it was Emma's turn!  All 5 of us had it within 5 days!!  Mine just didn't ever quite go away, and then on Wednesday, I had a fever and a sore throat and hugely swollen lymph nodes.  I am just now kind of starting to feel better. 

In other news, the girls are both participating in a cheerleading clinic put on by the high school cheerleaders.  They have a little performance at a football game tonight.  It should be cute!!  I am hoping to feel well enough to go.

Chris is doing his first sprint triathlon next Saturday!  I am so proud of him!  He motivated me to do mine by all of his marathon training, but then watching me do the triathlon last summer got him inspired to try one too!  We're just a healthy little family! HA

That's all for now....I need to have a way to share Facebook things on here so I have all of my updates in one place.  Maybe I can copy all of my status updates into one big post!

No comments: